How do you change skein of yarn when knitting?
Knit three or four stitches with both yarns held together, leaving a tail of a few inches on each ball. Then drop the old yarn and continue knitting with the new yarn. Once you’ve knit a couple of rows after the join, gently tug the work to even out the tension a bit.
How do you join another color yarn when knitting?
- Drop the First Color and Start the Second.
- Knit the First Stitch With the New Color.
- Knit Across the Row.
- Carry Colors Along the Edges.
- Keep the Carried Yarn Smooth.
- Change Colors Back to the Carried Yarn.
- Weave in the Ends of the Yarn.