What is intarsia method in knitting?
Intarsia is a knitting technique used to create patterns with multiple colours. As with the woodworking technique of the same name, fields of different colours and materials appear to be inlaid in one another, fit together like a jigsaw puzzle.
How do you join another color in knitting?
- Cut the old yarn leaving at least a 6-inch tail.
- Make a slip knot with the new yarn.
- Pass the old yarn through the slip knot.
- Slide the new yarn up to the base of the first stitch of the old yarn and tighten the slip knot.
- Continue knitting with the new ball of yarn.
Can you knit with two yarns at once?
Knitting. When it comes to the actual knitting, working with two or more strands at once is exactly the same as knitting with a single strand, though it can feel kind of awkward to start with. Likewise, as you knit each stitch you should be using both strands of yarn to knit each stitch.