- 1 How do you make your own knitting pattern?
- 2 How do I create a knitting pattern in Excel?
- 3 How do you add designs in knitting?
- 4 How do I publish a knitting pattern?
- 5 How do you make a knitting pattern software?
- 6 What is intarsia method in knitting?
- 7 What knitted items sell best?
- 8 Can you make a living designing knitting patterns?
- 9 How do you design and sell knitting patterns?
How do you make your own knitting pattern?
How to Design a Knitting Pattern
- Pattern Category. Start your design process by deciding what type of garment or accessory you would like to release.
- Moodboard. Once you have decided on the pattern category, it’s time to put together a mood board.
- Yarn. For some designers, this stage comes earlier in their design process.
How do I create a knitting pattern in Excel?
Charting knitting patterns in Excel
- Adjust the dimensions of the grid.
- Just click in the very top left corner to select the whole grid.
- Draw the gridlines.
- Erase lines
- or draw them in.
- Draw the outlines for pattern repeats.
- Fill in the chart.
- Create a condition for each symbol on the chart.
How do you add designs in knitting?
- Step 1: Make a chart. The first thing you need is a chart of your design.
- Step 2: Prepare your yarn.
- Step 3: Add a new color.
- Step 4: Switch colors when purling.
- Step 5: Switch colors when knitting.
- Step 6: Weave in the ends.
- Step 7: Bring the beginning yarn ends to the back.
- Step 8: Admire your work.
How do I publish a knitting pattern?
Knit Design Tips—10 Steps to Self Publishing a Pattern April 4, 2016 13:05 3 Comments
- Step 1: Conceptualize, Sketch & Swatch.
- Step 2: Find a Sample Knitter.
- Step 3: Source the Yarn.
- Step 4: Write the Pattern.
- Step 5: Double Check the Pattern Against the Finished Garment.
- Step 6: Send Garment for Photography.
How do you make a knitting pattern software?
KnitBird is a software for designing knitting charts. It offers a variety of tools to make it easier for you to put your ideas in a chart, and then to make it real in your knitwear.
What is intarsia method in knitting?
Intarsia is a knitting technique used to create patterns with multiple colours. As with the woodworking technique of the same name, fields of different colours and materials appear to be inlaid in one another, fit together like a jigsaw puzzle.
What knitted items sell best?
Hands down, beanies are my number one best selling item, both online and at craft shows. This is the Basic Beanie pattern, which is super simple and sized for the whole family (newborns through adults)!
Can you make a living designing knitting patterns?
Designers are the creative heartbeat of the yarn industry. Fun new patterns excite knitters, drive yarn and needle sales, create trends, and keep the craft vibrant. Successful designers are celebrities in their own right, and some have been able to make full-time, lucrative work out of designing knits.
How do you design and sell knitting patterns?
How to Design and Sell Knitting Patterns
- Step One: Design What You Want to Knit.
- Step Two: Source the Yarn.
- Step Three: Knit Sample Swatches.
- Step Four: Knit the Item.
- Step Five: Write Out the Knitting Pattern.
- Step Six: Hire a Knit Tech Editor.
- Step Seven: Have Your Pattern Tested By Other Knitters.
- Step Eight: Take Attractive Photographs.