How do you join yarn when changing colors?
- Cut the old yarn leaving at least a 6-inch tail.
- Make a slip knot with the new yarn.
- Pass the old yarn through the slip knot.
- Slide the new yarn up to the base of the first stitch of the old yarn and tighten the slip knot.
- Continue knitting with the new ball of yarn.
How do you change the color of a continuous round?
To make a standard colour change when working in continual rounds you are effectively changing colours mid- round. This is how it works: You would pull through the new colour on the last pull through of the stitch just before you want to change colour. Then you would simply continue working in rounds.
Can you knit with two yarns at once?
Knitting. When it comes to the actual knitting, working with two or more strands at once is exactly the same as knitting with a single strand, though it can feel kind of awkward to start with. Likewise, as you knit each stitch you should be using both strands of yarn to knit each stitch.