What is intarsia method in knitting?
Intarsia is a knitting technique used to create patterns with multiple colours. As with the woodworking technique of the same name, fields of different colours and materials appear to be inlaid in one another, fit together like a jigsaw puzzle.
How do you join another color in knitting?
- Cut the old yarn leaving at least a 6-inch tail.
- Make a slip knot with the new yarn.
- Pass the old yarn through the slip knot.
- Slide the new yarn up to the base of the first stitch of the old yarn and tighten the slip knot.
- Continue knitting with the new ball of yarn.
What is Russian Join in knitting?
The Russian join involves working the yarn back through its own plies to keep it in place. It does leave a small amount of bulk, but it’s hardly noticeable — especially compared to other types of joins in knitting and crochet. How to do a Russian join:
- Yarn needle.
- Two strands of yarn to join.