How do you join another color when knitting?
- When you are at the point you want to change colour, take your new colour and your yarn tail and tie them together in a loose knot.
- Take your right needle and insert it into your first stitch, now take your new colour and start knitting with it.
- When you have finished your knitting.
What is intarsia method in knitting?
Intarsia is a knitting technique used to create patterns with multiple colours. As with the woodworking technique of the same name, fields of different colours and materials appear to be inlaid in one another, fit together like a jigsaw puzzle.
How do I change colors when knitting stripes?
- Drop the First Color and Start the Second.
- Knit the First Stitch With the New Color.
- Knit Across the Row.
- Carry Colors Along the Edges.
- Keep the Carried Yarn Smooth.
- Change Colors Back to the Carried Yarn.
- Weave in the Ends of the Yarn.
How do you change the color of a continuous round?
To make a standard colour change when working in continual rounds you are effectively changing colours mid- round. This is how it works: You would pull through the new colour on the last pull through of the stitch just before you want to change colour. Then you would simply continue working in rounds.