How do I change colors when knitting stripes?
- Drop the First Color and Start the Second.
- Knit the First Stitch With the New Color.
- Knit Across the Row.
- Carry Colors Along the Edges.
- Keep the Carried Yarn Smooth.
- Change Colors Back to the Carried Yarn.
- Weave in the Ends of the Yarn.
What is the intarsia knitting technique?
Intarsia is a knitting colorwork technique that involves knitting with blocks of color. They can be in any shape or design you like, but the key is that when you change colors, you don’t strand the colors you’re not working with across the back as is done in stranded knitting (also known as Fair Isle ).
How do you hide the ends of yarn?
- Start with the wrong side facing you.
- Thread your sewing needle with the yarn tail.
- Insert the needle and yarn under the two strands at the back of your stitches.
- Repeat this for a few stitches.
- Move down a row and work back in the opposite direction to secure your yarn tail.
- Cut the yarn.