How do you join another color in knitting?
- Cut the old yarn leaving at least a 6-inch tail.
- Make a slip knot with the new yarn.
- Pass the old yarn through the slip knot.
- Slide the new yarn up to the base of the first stitch of the old yarn and tighten the slip knot.
- Continue knitting with the new ball of yarn.
How do you knit a Fair Isle pattern?
Start Your Fair Isle Knitting Swatch For the first row of the pattern, knit one stitch in the background color. Insert the needle in the next stitch, then wrap the yarn around the needle with the new contrast color and complete the stitch. This is similar to joining a new ball of yarn at the edge of your knitting.
What is intarsia method in knitting?
Intarsia is a knitting technique used to create patterns with multiple colours. As with the woodworking technique of the same name, fields of different colours and materials appear to be inlaid in one another, fit together like a jigsaw puzzle.