- 1 What does knitting graph paper look like?
- 2 How do you read knitting diagrams?
- 3 How do I create a knitting chart in Excel?
- 4 What does yo mean in knitting pattern?
- 5 What does pm mean in knitting?
- 6 What does Drops mean in knitting?
- 7 How do you read a parenthesis in knitting?
- 8 How do you make your own knitting pattern?
- 9 How do you make a knitting pattern software?
What does knitting graph paper look like?
Knitting graph paper has rectangles, not squares. The challenge is that a knit stitch is wider than it is tall—not square—when working stockinette stitch, which is what intarsia typically uses.
How do you read knitting diagrams?
If you are knitting a pattern in the round, you will read the chart from right to left on every round. For instance, on the lace chart below, you’ll notice that all of the rounds are marked with numbers on the right-hand side. That usually indicates that you will begin each round on the right-handed side.
How do I create a knitting chart in Excel?
Charting knitting patterns in Excel
- Adjust the dimensions of the grid.
- Just click in the very top left corner to select the whole grid.
- Draw the gridlines.
- Erase lines
- or draw them in.
- Draw the outlines for pattern repeats.
- Fill in the chart.
- Create a condition for each symbol on the chart.
What does yo mean in knitting pattern?
(Do the same thing again the number of times stated in the pattern.) Sl = Slip. (Slip a stitch or stitches from one needle to the other, without working it.) YO = yarn over. (Take the yarn over the needle.)
What does pm mean in knitting?
Place Marker ( pm ) Some knitting patterns will say place marker in the knitting instructions, or write it as “ pm ”. What does this mean exactly? Well, when the pattern calls for this, you’d simply place a stitch marker on the right needle after the last worked stitch.
What does Drops mean in knitting?
Drop -stitch knitting is a knitting technique for producing open, vertical stripes in a garment. The basic idea is to knit a solid fabric, then (deliberately) drop one or more stitches (i.e., draw a loop out from the loop below it, and so on repeatedly), producing a run (or ladder) in the fabric.
How do you read a parenthesis in knitting?
Brackets are used to indicate a group of stitches that require a number of repeats. The number following the brackets will indicate how many times this repeat must be performed. For example, [K2, YO, K2tog] 3 times means you will knit two stitches, yarn over once, then knit two stitches together.
How do you make your own knitting pattern?
How to Design a Knitting Pattern
- Pattern Category. Start your design process by deciding what type of garment or accessory you would like to release.
- Moodboard. Once you have decided on the pattern category, it’s time to put together a mood board.
- Yarn. For some designers, this stage comes earlier in their design process.
How do you make a knitting pattern software?
KnitBird is a software for designing knitting charts. It offers a variety of tools to make it easier for you to put your ideas in a chart, and then to make it real in your knitwear.