How do you add another color when knitting in the round?
Here’s how to ADD COLOR ON A CIRCULAR NEEDLE.
- Take your new color and fold it over the left needle, leaving a tail.
- Knit the stitch.
- Knit 3 more stitches with the new color, using the tail to make double stitches.
- Drop what’s left of the tail and continue knitting with the new color to the end of the row.
What is intarsia method in knitting?
Intarsia is a knitting technique used to create patterns with multiple colours. As with the woodworking technique of the same name, fields of different colours and materials appear to be inlaid in one another, fit together like a jigsaw puzzle.
How do you carry yarn on the wrong side?
Carrying on the wrong side: Carrying the yarn across the row on the wrong side of the fabric is probably the easiest method to use when working with different colors. To carry a strand on the wrong side of the fabric, work over the strand every few stitches with the second color.
How do you join another color in knitting?
- Cut the old yarn leaving at least a 6-inch tail.
- Make a slip knot with the new yarn.
- Pass the old yarn through the slip knot.
- Slide the new yarn up to the base of the first stitch of the old yarn and tighten the slip knot.
- Continue knitting with the new ball of yarn.
How do you change the color of a continuous round?
To make a standard colour change when working in continual rounds you are effectively changing colours mid- round. This is how it works: You would pull through the new colour on the last pull through of the stitch just before you want to change colour. Then you would simply continue working in rounds.