- 1 Why is it called the Knitting Factory?
- 2 How do you start a knitting factory?
- 3 Can you make money from knitting?
- 4 What knitted items sell best?
- 5 What is the best knitting machine for beginners?
- 6 Is knitting a good business?
- 7 Can I sell something I knit from a pattern?
- 8 Is knitting better than crochet?
- 9 What crochet items sell best?
- 10 Do test knitters get paid?
Why is it called the Knitting Factory?
It was founded by Michael Dorf and Louis Spitzer in 1987. The Knitting Factory was named by Dorf’s and Spitzer’s childhood friend Bob Appel and songwriter Jonathan Zarov, who derived the name through joking about Appel’s experience working in an actual knitting factory.
How do you start a knitting factory?
Here’s how to start a small factory that employs knitting machine operators
- Threading the machine.
- Setting the machine in motion.
- Lapping the end of the knitted cloth around the take-up roller.
- Observing the knitting process to detect yarn breaks, yarn defects and empty yarn packages.
- Tying broken yarn ends.
Can you make money from knitting?
You can make a living (almost) by knitting for money, particularly if you are quick and professional. Learn how to cast on, the knit stitch, the purl stitch, and how to cast off. With these basic skills you ‘ll be able to start knitting loads of things, and then you can sell them for a profit.
What knitted items sell best?
Hands down, beanies are my number one best selling item, both online and at craft shows. This is the Basic Beanie pattern, which is super simple and sized for the whole family (newborns through adults)!
What is the best knitting machine for beginners?
Best Knitting Machines Beginners Can Try
- The Ultimate Sweater Machine.
- Addi Express.
- D & D Professional Knitting Machine.
- The Prym Knitting Machine.
- The Singer Knitting Machine.
- Silver Reed Knitting Machine.
Is knitting a good business?
If you love to knit and want to work from home, you may be in luck. Starting your own knitting business can be rewarding, both financially and personally. However, it’s a big undertaking, so it’s important to understand the process and the specific considerations that come with this kind of creative endeavor.
Can I sell something I knit from a pattern?
You can knit and sell the items from the patterns without any legal issues unless it is explicitly stated that the pattern is for personal use only, which is the right of the designer as a copyright holder to say.
Is knitting better than crochet?
Knitting – The Good Stuff You can make beautiful draped garments in knitting and the overall look of the fabric is denser (less holes) and thinner than traditional crochet. Knitted fabric works best for items worn close to the body where you don’t wish to have excess bulk like fine sweaters, gloves and socks.
What crochet items sell best?
Some of the best selling items for crochet are wearable items, useful items and cute items. Wearable items can be anything from hair accessories and jewelry to sweaters and hats and scarves. Choose modern patterns to create fashionable, trendy items that people will love to wear.
Do test knitters get paid?
Test knitters with a lot of experience and who do a superb job can often charge for their work and receive compensation. They are generally paid on a project basis (not an hourly wage).