How do you join another color in knitting?
- Cut the old yarn leaving at least a 6-inch tail.
- Make a slip knot with the new yarn.
- Pass the old yarn through the slip knot.
- Slide the new yarn up to the base of the first stitch of the old yarn and tighten the slip knot.
- Continue knitting with the new ball of yarn.
Can you change yarn in the middle of a row knitting?
Starting a New Ball in the Middle When you see that you ‘re getting pretty close to the end of your first ball, pick up the yarn from the second ball. Then drop the old yarn and continue knitting with the new yarn. Once you ‘ve knit a couple of rows after the join, gently tug the work to even out the tension a bit.