- 1 How do you blend different yarn dyes?
- 2 How do you add a new color yarn when knitting?
- 3 Can you change yarn in the middle of a row knitting?
- 4 Can you change yarn in the middle of a row?
- 5 Does the magic knot ever come undone?
- 6 Where can I find the same dye lot yarn?
- 7 What does no dye lot mean in yarn?
- 8 Where is the dye lot number on yarn?
How do you blend different yarn dyes?
Alternate the Skeins Instead of knitting half the scarf with the first skein and half with the second, alternate the skeins as you knit. If you stitch a few rows in each color throughout the pattern, the shades will blend together instead of appearing as two large blocks of color.
How do you add a new color yarn when knitting?
Joining a new colour
- When you are at the point you want to change colour, take your new colour and your yarn tail and tie them together in a loose knot.
- Take your right needle and insert it into your first stitch, now take your new colour and start knitting with it.
- When you have finished your knitting.
Can you change yarn in the middle of a row knitting?
Starting a New Ball in the Middle When you see that you ‘re getting pretty close to the end of your first ball, pick up the yarn from the second ball. Then drop the old yarn and continue knitting with the new yarn. Once you ‘ve knit a couple of rows after the join, gently tug the work to even out the tension a bit.
Can you change yarn in the middle of a row?
To join new yarn in the middle of a row, when about 36 inches of the old yarn remains, work several more stitches with the old yarn, working the stitches over the end of new yarn (shown in double crochet). Then change yarns in stitch as previously explained.
Does the magic knot ever come undone?
If you’ve discovered a real knot at the beginning of your row, then it’s really easy. All you need to do here is cut the knot out and re-join the yarn as you would if you were joining a new ball. Magic Knot: It truly is a magical knot that won’t come undone!
Where can I find the same dye lot yarn?
The best advice is to purchase the entire amount of each color you will need all at one time, making sure the dyelots all are the same. Look on the label to find this information. Usually it is listed as ‘ dye lot ‘ or ‘ lot ‘ followed by a number that indicates the batch number. Same number, same dye lot.
What does no dye lot mean in yarn?
Each batch has a dye lot number and purchasing yarn from the same batch ensures that the color will be exactly the same. Some colors, however, are no dye lot yarn, which means that the yarn is spun from fiber that is already colored. No dye lot yarn should therefore be the same color from skein to skein.
Where is the dye lot number on yarn?
Almost all yarn has a dye lot. Yarn is dyed in batches. When a batch is dyed, the dye lot number is assigned; you’ll find this number on the label.