Easy Peasy Tunisian Cup Cozy
This pattern is copyrighted and property of Crazy4CrochetMomma. Distribution of this pattern is not allowed.
1 skein of bulky weight yarn (5)
8.0mm Tunisian crochet hook
Never tried Tunisian Crochet check out this tutorial below. https://youtu.be/f2MQP0JIi4o
Fits tumblers and has edits to fit coffee cups and mugs.
Tunisian Crochet Terms:
Tunisian simple stitch (Tss) is worked through the FRONT vertical bar. Complete your base row as described above. Then you will insert your hook from right to left so that the hook goes behind the front vertical (not front-to-back but through the front, with the vertical sitting right in front of it). Don’t forget you skip the edge and continue in the next vertical and begin with what is technically the second front vertical bar. With your hook inserted, yarn over and draw up a loop. Leave it on your hook. Repeat across the row. This completes the forward pass.
What the bar refers to when you look at the row that you’re working stitches into, you’ll see a loop, and there are two parts to the loop and these are called the bars. You will begin your work with a foundation chain and work into that. Once you’ve completed your first row don’t forget it consists of a forward and reverse pass, you’ll see that this work creates vertical bars. These are the bars that you’re going to work your stitches into for the rest of your project.
1.Chain 10 stitches.
Step 2: Foundation Row
2. Insert your hook into the second chain from the hook.
3. Yarn over and pull up a loop
4. Leave that loop on your Tunisian crochet hook.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 across the row. This is your “forward pass”.
6. At the end of the row, do not turn the work. Yarn over and draw through one loop only.
7. Yarn over and draw through two loops, repeat step 7 until there is only one loop left on the hook. This is your “reverse pass”.
8. Repeat until your work measures 9 ½ inches long for tumblers, 7 ½ inches for Hot to go coffee cups and mugs. When you’ve reached the length you need, bind off your stitches with a slip stitch bind-off. Cut the yarn, and leave a tail about 10 inches long. *If making a mug cozy only sew top two corners together and leave middle open and sew bottom two corners together*. Bring the two short ends of the cozy together and use your tail to sew them closed with a whip stitch.
PATTERN COPYRIGHT: Please do not copy, redistribute or sell my pattern in any way. You are very welcome to sell your cozy but please give me credit for the pattern. You may not use my pictures and pass them off as your own for they are my property. Thank you so much!
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to message me on my Instagram or my blog! Instagram name is Crazy4CrochetMomma and my website is www.crazy4crochetmomma.com